2013 Net in Ten
3 on 3 Basketball Tournament Rules
1. Substitution is unlimited, but permitted only when the ball is not in play or after a basket is made. Teams should bring a reversible jersey or a light and dark shirt.
2. Officials will be provided for all games. No free throws are shot except in overtime.
3. Games will be to ten(10) points, win by 1. Games will be 12 minutes for third (3rd) grade and 15 minutes for all other grades. A basket counts as 1 point. In case of a tie after regulation, teams will shoot free throws to determine the winner. The 3 players on the floor at the end of regulation will alternate shooting the free throws. The winner of a coin flip will have the choice of shooting first or second. Each team must have the same number of attempts. If player 1 from Team A shoots first and makes the free throw, player 1 from Team B gets a chance to make a free throw. If team B makes the free throw, then the second player from both teams attempt a free throw. If team B misses the attempt, team A wins the game. If team A shoots and misses and team B makes the free throw, Team B is the winner.
4. On the 7th team foul and each foul thereafter, 1 point will be awarded to the opposing team. Team possession will change. All fouls count as team fouls. Individual fouls will not be kept.
5. If a player is fouled in the act of shooting and the ball goes in, 1 point is awarded possession changes and the foul is recorded. If this occurs on the 7th foul, 1 point is awarded for the basket and 1 more point is awarded for the foul. Possession will change.
6. All common fouls, violations and jump balls (alternating possession) will be played out-of-bounds behind the designated clear line. The ball must be “checked” by an opposing player and then may be passed, dribbled or shot to put into play.
7. On every change of possession, the ball must be taken back behind the check line. Both feet of the player must be behind the line.
8. The official will explain boundaries for each court. A coin flip will determine who gets the ball first.
9. All fouls determine to be flagrant will result in player and possibly team disqualification.
10. Coaches will be allowed to make substitution during games. No coaching during the game. No timeouts are allowed except for injury.
11. Rough play and or abusive language will not be tolerated. Players displaying this type of behavior will be dismissed from the game and or tournament without refund of entry fee.